We consider home the safest place where we can live with satisfaction and enjoy our life. But according to different sources, Australia has one of the highest burglary rates in the world. So there is an ample chance that your house may be the next target of the burglars or intruders.
To make our home a less appealing target, the majority of us take some basic steps like installing motion detectors, placing thorny plants beneath windows, putting up a ‘be aware of dog’ sign or making their home inundated with light and so on. Fact says these types of measurements do little contribution to the protection of a house.
If you are interested to know the ways with which you can put up a strong resistance against break-ins, follow our discussion-
Three Tips that will Help You to Ensure Effective Security in Your Home
Make All the Entry Points Secure
In most cases, burglars get access to the property through these three entry points, i.e., doors, windows and the back doors. So it is highly recommended to deploy high security at the entry points. If you are trying to resist burglars from breaking into your house then you can try these options, mentioned below
- Deadlocks can help in strengthening the security of front and back doors. You just need to ensure that they are used properly.
- Using strong locks on all windows
- Installing security cameras and monitored intruder alarms will significantly cause an increment in the security of the house.
- Motion detection technology can help you to strengthen your home security. They can alert you to any movements in their range.
Securing all the doors and windows will make it hard for the burglars to get access to your house. If you have other entry points like an upstairs window, garage, basement etc. then make sure that they all get these security staff to enhance the security of your house.
Invest in Good Quality Cameras
Security cameras are a good criminal deterrent. Only a few bold burglars risk breaking into a house equipped with a security camera system because this requires skill, finesse, effort and time. According to different sources, houses with security cameras are 300 times safer than houses without security cameras.
Security experts suggest investing in quality security cameras rather than investing in cheap ones because it is a matter of the security of your house. It will capture all the footage and they can be even used as legit evidence.
There are some features you should look for in the security camera system before you invest in it-
- High-definition picture quality
- Night vision
- Uninterrupted power supply
- Motion detection
- Round-the-clock monitoring
- Response support from a professional security company
- Huge storage space for footage and recording
Install a Monitored Alarm System
A monitored alarm is another golden opportunity to ensure security in your home. It not only attracts the attention of neighbours but also takes necessary measurements if your home is targeted.
Generally, a burglary happens so quickly, that the average time duration of a burglary is between 8 to 10 minutes. That is why the necessity for a quick response arises. So quicker the response, the more possibility of catching the burglars.
Monitored alarm systems also provide you with 24/7 service, so that you may have peace of mind because you know that your house is safe. Monitored alarm systems come with some features, they are-
- Attention-catching sirens and lights
- outdoor/ perimeter sensors
- Window and door sensors
- Pet-friendly false alarm reduction technology