If Only Everyone Had CCTV Cameras
CCTV Cameras have saved countless lives and prevented more crimes than you can shake a stick at – and that’s an
While that might be the case, a lot of people regard them as “evil” or “malicious,” most likely thanks to conspirers and
Hollywood drama… nobody likes the idea of a surveillance state, after all!
We’ve heard people say they don’t want them because they make the place seem “too prisony” or that the cameras
themselves were “a bit ugly.”
Okay, we see your point – you just spent a pretty penny on your new place and you like the way it looks, fair enough.
But, consider that CCTV only needs to prevent a crime at your home or office once to be worth its money. How much money
a customer spends is a different matter – if you walk by a home that has CCTV and you think “urgh, that thing looks like
a bird sh*t all down the side of that building”… but no. Instead, think of it as, “urgh, those people really cheaped on
on their CCTV.”
Honestly, there are plenty of cameras available that can perfectly blend into and contribute to their environment. Just
ask us to show you the good stuff 😉
With all of that being said, let’s consider the Watermaid Beehive arson that took place in February, and how CCTV was
able to record footage of the three offenders for the police to further their enquiries.
The hives had been attacked before, in September of last year, following which the Romer family had CCTV installed to
help ID the culprits, should they strike again.
During the second attack, in February of this year, the CCTV cameras installed at the family firm were able to capture
footage of the offenders in action. However, given their distance from the cameras and the low light conditions, gaining
a positive ID straight away has proved to be an issue.
With that, Alarm Doctor was tasked with performing a CCTV upgrade across the Watermaid exterior, improving the
definition in the cameras, increasing their light sensitivity, depth of field and clarity, as well as re-adjusting their
fixtures to cater to a larger field of view.
It isn’t clear as to whether the culprits knew they were being recorded, but they will now, considering their story went
to the press around the same time. Click
here to read the Daily Telegraph’s article: Aussie flag-wearing youths set fire to 82-year-old’s precious bee
If you read the story, you’ll see some of the CCTV footage that was captured, and realise that people involved shielded
their faces in every shot and you might think, “ppft, what’s the point in having CCTV if CCTV doesn’t do what the
blooming heck CCTV is supposed to do!?”
So, let’s go over the Pros and Cons of HAVING CCTV INSTALLED:
- 1 Capture criminal activity on camera
- 2 Deters Criminal activity from taking place
- 3 Protects your home or offices 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- 4 Make money on YouTube when criminals fail
- 5 Increase your chances of a successful insurance claim after a burglary
- 6 Increase the Police’s chances of catching the burglar
- 7 Immediate action when coupled with Back-to-Base monitoring and Guard Response
- 1 Cheaper options can detract from the aesthetics of the building
- 2 Equipment with design and high-grade features can be expensive
- 3 Installations can be tricky for the untrained.
That’s 7:3 in the Pro:Con ratio… not too shabby!
Now, let’s take a gander at;
The Pros and Cons of HAVING NO CCTV
- 1 Your home or office looks really pretty.
- 2 Nobody will be able to hack in and spy on you.
- 3 Your neighbours don’t complain about you being “nosey”
- 4 One less thing to insure, maintain and check.
- 5 More time to watch videos on YouTube
- 6 The police will be at your property for less time after an incident
- 1 Your home or office looks like a target.
- 2 You won’t capture any evidence of crimes taking place
- 3 You can’t be “nosey”
- 4 Your insurance might not cover your losses if you get burgled.
- 5 You can’t watch your own criminal fail vidoes
- 6 The police will have less evidence to go on, giving the criminals a better chance.
Six for six, well the Pros did better than we expected there, but hey, the ratio is way worse – 6:6 for
not installing CCTV and 7:3 for installing CCTV – The figures speak for themselves.
I want CCTV Installed at my property. Where do I start?
If you’d like to go ahead and have some top-notch security installed at your home or offices, we’re ready and available
whenever you are. Our technicians are fully equipped to handle any and all aspects of the installation, taking the
greatest care to ensure the highest standards in workmanship and expertise.
We take great pride in our levels of care and attention to detail – it’s why we’ve got a 5-star rating across both our
Facebook and Google reviews.
Don’t forget to check our Facebook page for the latest deals,
giveaways and promotions.
For a free, no-obligation quote, call Alarm Doctor on 1300 23
If you’ve recently had CCTV installed but you’re not happy with the quality you’re seeing on the other end, give us a
shout and we’ll be able to guide you as to what improvements you could make and where to make them while keeping budget
We service both private and commercial customers across New South Wales, aiming to provide a memorable yet quick and
cost-effective alarm and security service that does what it says on the tin.
Alarm Doctor – Any Age, Any Make, Any Model.
Reach out to us online by clicking here – Get in touch with us
before 9:00am and we’ll do our best to fit you in on the very same day!