Holidays are for taking a break from our regular hectic professional life for some days to enjoy some peace of mind and relaxation. We should enjoy this time to its fullest without a single wrinkle of stress or fear. But this period of absence is also the most vulnerable time for your business premises. Thefts, Burglars, Dacoits can attack your office and business area to grab money, valuable things, and information.
We have discussed in detail how to secure your business area when you are out holidaying and lead a happy peaceful holiday with peace of mind with your beloved family. Here is a 8-point formula to secure your business completely:
- Install high-security Deadbolts: Deadbolts are physical security equipment that can save your business exterior doors. A deadbolt that is perfectly installed can protect you from the toughest stubborn trespasser. You should choose according to your door and the level of security you want. You can also take expert advice from a specialist.
- Use an alarm: A modern advanced security system protects you in multiple layers. First, the system detects motion and movements in your room, decides whether the activity is a threat and finally alarms act on that decision. It notifies the pre-programmed authority as well as alarm the sound.
- Downplay your vacation: Taking an extended vacation? If it is needed for your client to know, inform them only. If your business will be shut down completely then you don’t have to advertise the fact. Rather use phrases like “Closing for holiday’s maintenance and upkeep” or “closed for stocking and inventory etc. Let the intruder feel and think that people are inside and risk is high. This is all about psychological game play.
- Install security cameras: The most basic and most important thing you should do is install good quality security cameras. It plays a vital role in both investigation and deterrence. If anything wrong happens police will use the pictures from the security cameras to identify the culprits. Moreover, it creates great fear among wrongdoers that they will get caught easily and they don’t do that.
- Install motion lights: Motion lights are an affordable solution that can create an illusion of someone being inside the house and property. When motion lights detect movements they light up large outdoor areas. This can scare them to its most which can keep them away from your valuable assets.
- Update your locks: The very primary and surface level of security which will face the burglars is your locks. So keep them updated and maintain them to the best. If your building has recently changed location, it’s important to replace your locks with new locks so the previous owner doesn’t use extra keys.
- Consider DIY video monitoring: Business owners who want to keep a constant watch of their property often install a video monitoring system. After the initial setup, a business owner can monitor their business themselves.
- Try Alarm Doctor solution: If you are searching for business security systems in Melbourne get in touch with Alarm Doctor. We will manage all your requirements.